Emergency Broadband Relief Program
The Emergency Broadband Relief Program (EBBP) has been established to support broadband services to help low-income households to stay connected during the Covid-19 pandemic. This program is temporary and will remain in effect until 6 months after the COVID-19 pandemic ends or until available funds have been exhausted, whichever comes first.
What are the benefits of the Emergency Broadband Benefit program?
Qualify households are eligible to receive the following assistance with their monthly broadband service bill:
- Up to a $50 monthly subsidy per non-Tribal household
- Up to a $75 monthly subsidy per Tribal household on Tribal land
Household will qualify for the EBB Program if at least one of the members of the household meets the qualifications for participation in one of the following
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start (only for households meeting Head Start's income standard)
- Total household income at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
2. Free or reduced-price lunch program or School breakfast program
3. Substantial loss of income in 2020
- Documented lay-off
- Furlough notice
What service plans can I apply the EBB Discount to?
The following service plans are eligible for an EBB discount:
- Landline Broadband 50Mbs or higher, or the highest plan available at residence
- Wireless Unlimited Talk, Text and Data
- Complete the form on the EBB website, you will be sent a code via email
- Fill out UTC EBB form
- Return UTC EBB form and confirmation code from EBB to ANY Union Location
- Once approved, a monthly recertification letter must be signed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the 10th of each month
To apply, download the UTC EBB form here
- EBB is a government assistance program
- The service is non-transferable to another subscriber
- Only eligible consumers may enroll in the program
- The program is limited to one discount per household
- Qualifying residents of tribal lands may receive a discount of up to $75.00 off their monthly broadband service. Service address must be on tribal land
The EBB Program is a government program that reduces the customer’s broadband internet access service bill.
The EBB Program is temporary in nature.
The household will be subject to the provider’s undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions at the end of the program if they continue to receive service.
The household may obtain broadband service supported by the EBB Program from any participating provider of their choosing.
The household may transfer their EBB Program benefit to another provider at any time.
For more information on the EBB program, visit your nearest Union Telephone office, or call Union Customer Care at 1-888-926-CARE or 307-782-6131